Friday, September 07, 2007

The Weed THAT WAS (in our flower bed)

[click picture for larger veiw]
[click here for huge size picture]
.
This guy was growing in our flower bed out front of the house, by the street. I left it there for a while because I thought maybe it was a melon. Cantalope or watermelon is great homegrown.
.
It probably wasn't going to have any type melons, or even a pumkin. So today I pulled it for the garbage guys to haul away.
.
It did have some little blue flowers but the vine was taking over the flower bed. It had to go, sorry.
.

[click picture for larger view]

[click here for huge size picture]

.

I have no idea what this plant is. Maybe you can identify them from these pictures. I sure would like to know what it was that I pulled up.

.

I might have learned its identity in my high school Ag class, if I did, I have forgotten it now. Like I have never heard of this plant or seen one before.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, September 08, 2007 5:02:00 PM, Blogger Ralph said...

Jim
I came and I looked as requested. Sorry, I have no idea.
Ralph

 
At Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:59:00 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Hi Jim ~~ Sorry I don't know either. But it sure was a KING SIZE weed.
It must be Texas!! I am so grateful to Geoff for always coming up to weed and fix up my garden. And I hope John will be OK at work tomorrow.
Have a great return to your journey
from Tuesday. All the best to you and Mrs. Jim. Do take great care,
Kind regards. Merle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home