Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Jim Bunch Eats Again -- This time French Toast Sundae at a men's Tuesday Morning Bible study

This is a Texas version of French toast (everything is big in Texas). The cook called it French Toast Sundae. It may have been called that where he first ate some similar creation as well. I don't know about that.

[supersized breakfast picture]

The ingredients are baked French Texas toast (it's much thicker and richer that ordinary bread--better too), ham and sausage on the side, and shrimp, bananas, passion fruit, strawberries, raspberries, and pineapple on top. Some had whip cream on top but I opted out. The toast was smothered with maple syrup.

Mrs. Bob, Mrs. W, and did the cooking. We had coffee before the meal. I was on my second cup when we were told to find ourselves places. So I had an extra cup, empty as you see in front of my plate with the glass of orange juice.

You thought I was going to tell you about Bible study. Okay, I will.

Our Tuesday Morning Men's Bible Study meets every Tuesday morning and we finally finished the book of Romans. The pastor, Dr. Buddy Burns, started it last spring. We had the Bible study all summer, but last year on December 19 (2008) Dr. Burns died (
link). We continued until finishing Romans up on February 24, 2009.

Bob S, one of the Bible study participants, holds an annual breakfast for the Men's Bible Study group. We all agreed that right after finishing Romans would be a good time for having it this year.

There were about twenty-four of us for breakfast. These are the fellows who sat with me at our table. Most of the group live in our subdivision but it's not a requirement. Again most attend the church here but that isn't a requirement either.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home