Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Recipe - "Jim's Quick and Easy Apple Pie Recipe"

 Apple pie and cheese my favorite 

I'd have a slice of American Cheese warmed on top 

over a large slice of still warm apple pie.

What could be better than that?
.
What is to follow here will be my 
"Jim's Quick and Easy Apple Pie Recipe" 
This apple pie will be really good once I get it baked.
.
But first I have to get dressed.
My Saturday morning rule,
be dressed by noon.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Okay, I didn't dress. Instead I typed up my recipe:


Jim’s Quick and Easy Apple Pie

Ingredients:
1 Box pastry shells for two 9-inch two-crust pies
(Kroger frozen Pie Crusts-unroll & bake or equivalent)
6 cups sliced pared tart apples
1 can prepared Apple Pie Filling (Comstock or equivalent)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon – optional*
¼ teaspoon nutmeg – optional*
2 tablespoons butter or margarine.

Check off "things to do list"
___ Heat oven to 425°. Prepare pastry using directions on the box.
___ Stir together optional spices, sliced apples, and prepared pie filling mix.
___ Turn into pastry-lined pans, dot with butter
___ Cover with top crust using fluting and design of your choice. 
___ Be sure there are a few opening slits in the crust covering for the steam to escape.
___ Place strip of aluminum foil covering the edges. Otherwise "the crusts" will bake first and may even burn.
___ Remove foil for the last 15 minutes.

___ Bake 45 minutes, more or less. Pie is done when crust is brown and 
___ the pie liquids begin to ease or bubble through the crust openings.


Makes eight servings per pie. 
More if cut into smaller slices.

* I generally do not add additional spices. Remember the seasoning
in the prepared mix is for one pie in the eyes of the manufacturer. This
may not be strong enough flavor for two pies to suit your taste.

I hope you try making this, it really is quick and easy. And good!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, December 18, 2021 4:59:00 AM, Blogger Tine de Jong said...

This recept i will try in next year. Thank you Tom. You has share here yummy recepts.
If you search on mine blog you wil met also some recepts. This one i share with you:
https://tinedejong.blogspot.com/2016/07/koude-pastasalade.html

 
At Tuesday, May 02, 2023 9:03:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Thanks for the info, thank you also for peeking in over here. I missed this when I posted it,
I will go see your recipe tonight, if it is still online. I like the squirrel picture that posts also.
..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home