Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Recipe -- tasty homemade meat loaf, not my, Jim's, recipe

 tasty homemade meat loaf, not my, Jim's, recipe.


 
After reading this article in the H O U S T O N ... C H R O N I C L E .food section we talked a little about Meat Loaf and its making.  Mrs. Jim said it is hard to make a consistent meat loaf, time after time. She would like a good recipe, one that she likes.  So we will try this one. 

Do you remember eating at those old cafeterias owned and operated by a local entrepreneur?  Not the ones most common now, chains and/or franchise enterprises. Cleburne recently closed their doors after opening in 1975.  They will be missed, even so they have shared three of their favorite recipes with the public.  Our paper ran them in the May 4th edition, food section.
 
I mentioned that my mom made the best meat loaf that I have ever tasted.  Mrs. Jim agreed that it was super delicious.  We don't have her recipe though.  This was so close to Mothers Day that I was reminded of a lot of things about Mom.  She died in 1999 at age 88.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home